SAMARA ALDER RENTALS
Stainless Steel Appliances
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Are utilities included in the rental price?
- Water is included in the rental price, alongside with your garbage and recycling pick-up! However, you do need to set up and pay separately for your electrical bill (natural gas not required).
2. Is internet or cable included?
- Our apartment has partnered with both Telus and Shaw (depending on your personal preference) to provide you with the opportunity to receive 1 year free internet and cable! Some conditions apply*
3. Is there air conditioning in the unit?
- These units are not air conditioned, however, there is a built-in vent near your patio door for you to hook up your own interior air conditioning unit without letting the bugs in!
4. Is there in-suite laundry or is it shared?
- Every unit has it's own private, in-suite laundry - so no need to fight over a washer and dryer in a communal laundromat!
5. What do you mean by modern finishings?
- Every unit has been specially created by our interior designer, and every unit boasts multiple potlights throughout the kitchen, dining rooms and living rooms, so no need to rely on your own lamps to light your space. The countertops are all made out of quartz stone, the kitchen backsplash is tile, the cabinets are extra-tall and soft-close and all of the appliances are brand new stainless steel. The flooring is uniform throughout the suite in an attractive vinyl plank and the cabinets in the bathrooms are modern floating cabinets. The master bedroom ensuite shower is glass-encased and has tile walls (in almost every unit), and each have His & Hers sinks. Not to mention that every unit has a minimum of 9-foot ceilings. Extra care and attention has been paid to these units to ensure they are comfortable, trendy and luxury suites!
6. Is there a grocery store nearby?
- There are a variety of grocery stores nearby and within a 5 minute drive, so whether you like to shop at Superstore, Save On Foods, Safeway or Walmart they are all within arms reach - so the choice is yours! To discover what else is nearby, check out our Location Map!
7. Is there transit close by?
8. Is there storage units available?
- There is!! The storage units measure 1 metre wide and 2 metres deep and you have the option (while supplies last) of renting a storage unit on your suite's floor, or a storage unit down in the parkade! The pricing ranges between $30-$40/month* depending on which location you prefer! Prices subject to change*
9. Can I get a secondary parking stall for my unit?
- You automatically get one free-of-charge stall in the underground parkade! But if you feel like you need a second stall somewhere, yes you can rent a secondary stall too (while supplies last)!! There are secondary stalls located underground, above ground, and covered above ground and so prices range from $30-$40/month* depending on which location you prefer! Prices subject to change*
10. What do I do if I have a unit repair request or other issue?
- If any issues arise, you can contact the Tenant Manager, Laura! She is very friendly, knowledgable, and can be contacted by phone or email - although if it is an issue, email is preferred for tracking and reporting purposes! She makes it her priority to ensure quick response times, and loves to make each tenant feel heard and looked after! It is our goal to ensure that our tenants know they are a priority and we endeavour to repair and fix anything as soon as it arises!
11. Is there a lounge or community room I can hang out in?
- As Chilliwack is known for its mild temperatures and beautiful natural surroundings, we have created a private, grassy lounge area off the back portion of the apartment, which includes benches, so that you have your own space to relax and enjoy the sun or to get to know your neighbours!
12. If I order something online, is there somewhere safe to keep my orders secure until I’m ready to pick it up?
- Yes! Whether it is through Canada Post, FedEx, Purolator, Amazon or UPS we have a parcel locker beside the mail slots within the secure apartment building, just so we can take care of your online shopping needs. Because let's be serious here, it most definitely is a need!
13. I commute down the valley, how far away is highway access?
- The highway is close enough in distance to be readily accessible (just under 2 km away) for all you commuters out there, but not close enough to cause constant highway traffic noise pollution!
14. I love nature, how far away are outdoor amenities?
- If you are looking for a quick and easy nature fix, Sardis Park is a 12-acre park that is just over a kilometre away, and they have created a beautiful trail loop around the pond there. Looking for something a bit longer? Check out the Vedder River trails that are only 5 km away! They have tons of trails to choose from and you can go for a walk, run or bike for easily an hour+ right beside the river. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! Or if you want to go a bit further to get away, Cultus Lake is just under 9 km away, and you can simply relax on the beaches there in the sun, read a good book, snack on a picnic lunch, swim in the lake or do whatever feels right to you!
15. What type of storage do you offer for bicycles?
- We know that some people main mode of transportation or exercise is their bicycle, and often apartment living can make storage of it a bit awkward, but here at Samara Alder we have a secure 29-spot bike rack available in the underground parked for your bicycle's safe keeping!
16. Are kids allowed to reside in the building?
- Yes they are, but according to the Strata Bylaws, not on every floor! As we know, kids can sometimes be a bit exuberant when sharing their joy with their running little feet... and apartments aren't super conducive to containing that excitement without it bleeding down into the unit below. For that reason, kids are permitted to live on the First Floor, however, Floors Two, Three and Four have an age restriction on them of 19+.
17. Is Alder Ave a busy road?
- Not at all! Alder Avenue can be found off Vedder and is a quiet no-thru road, with only local road traffic! However, to help with the potential tricky left turn onto Vedder, the City of Chilliwack is in the process of building a secondary road that will lead from Alder Ave to Webb Ave, so it will be a pretty flawless exit - they have advised that construction is estimated to begin on this road in June 2020, so it is our hope that it will be complete by the time you move in!
18. Is there a Showsuite I can view during construction to get a better idea of the finished product?
- There most definitely is! But as we want to get to know you, and give you adequate opportunity to ask us questions, viewings are only available by appointment! Let us know if you would like to view the showsuite, and we can definitely set something up!!
19. When is construction expected to be completed?
- Construction is estimated to be complete by the end of November, so first move-ins will be scheduled for December 1st, 2020!!! So exciting! However, if we are able to complete early, we will provide all tenants who are leased-up an opportunity to move-in earlier if they so desire!